Friday, March 20, 2009

sentimental journey

I had the honor of doing a lovely little project a short time ago. A wonderful customer contacted me to see if I would update some of her mother's costume jewelry for her. That's a designing favorite for me, so of course I said yes and she sent two pairs of earrings on a short trip to Chicago for redesign. These were the results. I particularly loved the aqua and gold glitter beads, and have been hunting for them ever since (sadly, with no luck). Maybe someday I'll come across another pair, but in the meantime, these have traveled back to their owner, who now wears these pretty mementos of her mother.





3 comments:

Wear Your Wild said...

That is so cool!
Are the aqua and gold ones glass? I'll keep my eye out for them or something similar.

Ngan {eNVe Designs} said...

what a sweet project! and those aqua beads are definitely to die for!! so gorgeous!

la cuisine bourgeois said...

these are stunning! i can just imagine the stories behind them...
gotta love vintage gems...