Wednesday, January 27, 2010

who wants to be a poodle i don't, by lauren child

I've neglected childrens literature in my what I'm reading posts. Leslie bought this book for some small friends of ours recently, and I recommend it to anyone who's a fan of this art form. Trixie Twinkle Toes hates her name, and longs to run through puddles. She's stuck indoors through every rainy day in deference to her glamorous owner's impressive shoe collection. Trixie yearns to be a real dog. Follow the story of how Trixie earns her doggie cred through Lauren Child's enchanting Who Wants to be a Poodle I Don't (published by the always impressive Candlewick Press). Gorgeous, densely collaged illustrations by the author are a treat in themselves - a wonderful story just makes it that much better.

No comments: