Wednesday, July 13, 2011

bookmobile.

In my ongoing "someday I'll move" project, I'm clearing out cabinets and closets and shelves and beginning to get rid of stuff. So far, this is mostly books. Ok, to be honest, it's going to be mostly books all the way through. And some movies and CDs and maybe a couple of bottles of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfumes. The rest will be kitchen things and clothes that are currently entombed in my storage rental, and they'll get donated somewhere.

I planned to list books on ebay to send them on to homes where they'll be loved and appreciated, but I find that the prospect of launching and maintaining one more internet presence has paralyzed me. I'm going to try listing them here first, and if anyone's interested I'll gladly sell them to you. Just email me and I'll send you a PayPal invoice and pop them in the mail. Voila! Wonderful new books for you, with my deepest thanks. If there's interest and it goes well, I'll keep adding to the list. If not, well, it'll be back to ebay with me.

I'm going to call it $2 for paperbacks and $5 for hardcovers, but no reasonable offer refused. If you're interested in a bunch of titles and want to offer me a flat total, make an offer. If you'd like to see a photograph of the actual book, I have them. (I got that far into the listing process before getting overwhelmed.)

Here's what I've dug out so far, in no particular order.

In paperback:
Seventy-Seven Clocks by Christopher Fowler
Another You by Ann Beattie
Love, Always by Ann Beattie
Chilly Scenes of Winter by Ann Beattie
Antartica (short stories) by Clare Keegan
Blindness by Jose Saramago
Black Dogs by Ian McEwan
Days of Obligation by Richard Rodriguez
Down These Mean Streets by Piri Thomas
How We Are Hungry by Dave Eggers
The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint by Brady Udall
Off the Beaten Path: Stories of Place by collected authors
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
The Sin Eater by Alice Ellis
The Hidden by Tobias Hill
The Ice Storm by Rick Moody
The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
This Boy's Life by Tobias Wolfe (signed by author)
When the Messenger is Hot by Elizabeth Crane
Naked by David Sedaris
Vox by Nicholson Baker (this one's hardcover, but it's pretty beat up)

In hardcover:
A Gesture Life by Chang Rae Lee
Breaking Clean by Judy Blunt
City Life by Witold Rybczynski
Beowulf translated by Seamus Heaney
Cross Channel by Julian Barnes
Excursions in the Real World by William Trevor
Night Train by Martin Amis
Experience by Martin Amis
My Movie Business: A Memoir by John Irving
Life at These Speeds by Jeremy Jackson
Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
Uncle Tungsten by Oliver Sacks
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
The Wild Things by Dave Eggers
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
You Don't Love Me Yet by Jonathan Lethem
Lake Effect by Rich Cohen
The Snow Geese by William Fiennes

No comments: