Monday, January 9, 2012

now we are five. (with apologies to A.A. Milne)


Next Monday, Leaves of Glass will turn 5. I launched my shop on Etsy on January 16, 2007. In planning and preparing to celebrate, I've gone down a memory lane rabbit hole and have ended up with a pretty hard case of nostalgia and gratitude.

I decided that it would be fun to re-release some of my early designs, providing I could find the bits to make them. While I was browsing through pages of my old sold items, I was reminded of so many amazing people I've met. Many of them are long-time customers who have become friends; several came to me with fascinating and beautiful ideas for custom pieces; and a very precious group of fellow artists and crafters have become close and beloved friends. Every page I went through brought back something else I'd forgotten about, and I ended up in a little flurry of remember-when emails and tweets with friends. I'm feeling a lot of gratitude and happiness this week.

The Leaves Redux designs will be available in my shop on Big Cartel starting Monday, January 16th. I'll also have a sale beginning Friday, January 13 and continuing through the 20th. Details for that will be going out to my mailing list on Friday morning. If you'd like to be added to my newsletter list, please subscribe using the link to the left.

Thank you for 5 great years!



2007


2008


2009


2010


2011

2012


1 comment:

Ash said...

Happy 5th Birthday! I receive SO MANY compliments every time I wear your earrings!

~Ashley