Friday, January 18, 2013

please stay tuned.

I've been taking my product photos the same way for years, and I had the thing down to a science. I get fidgety with my styling, but I've been able to get the same clarity and color for a long time. And now here I am in a new place with new light from new directions and the backgrounds I normally use are packed away who knows where, but I'm doing new work and it needs to be photographed. IT IS NOT GOING WELL, people. I took three sets of photographs of the new pieces I made this week, and none of them are singing to me. It's going to take a lot of experimentation and practice to get them back up to standard, I think. In the meantime, I have work to list so I'm using the third set of photos. My sense of pride in presentation has taken a hit, though; so consider this an excuse post to salve my ego. Argh.

In less frustrating news, I'm enjoying working with vintage glass again and have several new pieces that will appear over the coming weeks. I'm adding to my occasional Holy/Shadow series, and am doing new interpretations of some older designs. I'm hoping to start work soon on a collection inspired by {bloody, dark and grim} fairy tales.




2 comments:

Abby said...

I understand your frustrations! Pictures are all about location. You did quite well. :)

lillyella said...

girl, these photos look awesome! But I totally understand your struggle having gone through the same thing You will figure it out! And Im very excited to see your new pieces and can't wait for more grim and bloody! :) xoxo