Monday, April 13, 2009

a modern gothic tale


In the car on the way home from work, me (pointing out the window to a fancy house): I want to live there. And stay home all the time and peek out the window past the lace curtains, like Miss Havisham.

Leslie: Yeah!

Me: Only not with the disgusting wedding cake, with the bugs.

Leslie: What kind of cake? Yellow cake with chocolate frosting?

Me: Sometimes. Not all the time, or I'd get tired of it.

Leslie: Not me. What would you wear?

Me: I don't know. Let's be honest, probably mostly what I wear now.

Leslie: And do you know the true story behind those yoga pants, children? Once, a very long time ago, Miss Morton enrolled in a yoga class and bought some pants. But she found that just having the pants made her feel better. More limber, and stretchy, and relaxed. And do you know what, boys and girls? To this very day, she never goes to yoga. Ooooo.

4 comments:

Kristin Friesen said...

Haha, good one! You sound just like me. I bought a pair of Adidas work out pants and they're my favorite. I wear them all the time, but do you see me working out? No...

Brenda said...

Modern Miss Havisham. Have you read the Thursday Next novels by Jasper Fforde? If not, you'll have a whole new appreciation for our Miss Havisham...

Wear Your Wild said...

Ha Ha! I have a yoga matt. My husband uses it in the back of his van to put things on so they won't slide around or get the van dirty. Works great!

least_terrible said...

I use my yoga matt as a not-slip surface upon which to groom my dog.

(And that was NOT sass. That was WHIMSY.)